Top Tier Japan, will not accept returns or refund money for items that do not fit. Only in the case when Top Tier Japan is found to have mistakenly posted incorrect information about the JAPANESE Specifications will an exchange, return, or refund be considered. Make sure to read our DISCLAIMER below for additional details.
Shipping / transportation charges are non-refundable. Please take this into consideration before purchasing. We have no control over how far you may be or might have had the item shipped; therefore we cannot assume the cost of having it returned from that location. In order to keep our prices low, we do not assume transportation charges into the price of our items. Customers are always welcome to pick up items locally from our warehouse.
DO NOT sign the release documents without fully inspecting the outer packaging for noticeable signs of damage. The freight companies will not let you open the package before signing, therefore you must note any signs of damage based on the outer packaging. Shipping insurance is provided by the freight company, not by Top Tier Japan. If you sign the form and do not note any possible damages, the freight company will be released from all responsibility, and you will not be reimbursed for damages caused during shipping. Top Tier Japan is not responsible for damages caused by mishandling during shipping. Do not sign the release form or let the driver leave without first inspecting the packaging for possible damages. So remember, you must note any signs of damages on the release form before signing.
Top Tier Japan prides itself on offering engines of excellent quality. All our engines pass a Multi-point Inspection & Compression test to ensure great quality engines . We only ship engines with positive compression test results.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
LIMITED WARRANTY OFFERED BY Top Tier Japan.
A.Top Tier Japan warrants that every used engine sold by Top Tier Japan will be in a serviceable condition, having regard to the nature of used engines, for the duration of time after the date of sale according to the following applications:
1. Used Replacement Engines – 30 Days
2. Used Performance Engines – 30 Days
3. Rotary Engines (Mazda RX-7 RX8 13B/13BT/13BTT/20B ) – 30 Days from Purchase Compression Warranty Only! This means we guarantee the engine sold to you has good compression! There’s is no other warranty or guarantees beyond this on Rotary Engines. This guarantee Is ONLY valid within the 30 days from purchase date.
4. All Electronical/Electronic Parts – No Warranty
5. Used Performance Transmissions – No Warranty
6. Used Replacment Transmissions – 30 Days
B. ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY
1. All internal engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.
2. Head gaskets are warranted for 30 days only, irrespective of the application as stated in Section (A).
3.Top Tier Japan reserves the right to repair with rebuilt or serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.
4. ANY ENGINES OR TRANSMISSIONS TAKEN APART AND OR DISMANTLED VOIDS ANY AND ALL WARRANTY TERMS! Any internal parts or components that are damaged or broken by installing party will NOT be covered under warranty and also will void warranty terms
C. ITEMS NOT COVERED
All external parts attached to the engines, e.g., intake and exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributor, starter, emission control devices, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, valve cover, Turbo Charger, sensors, electronic parts(distributor, wires, Computers, injectors, etc), transmissions, drive shafts, engine mounts, half shaft, etc.
D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
1. The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.
2. Any damage caused by abuse, neglect, accident or natural perils.
3. Loss caused by the engine being improperly installed.
4. Towing charges and/or freight or delivery charges.
5. Loss caused by overheating. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to over heating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump, etc.
6. Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear (unless actual breakdown occurs), having regard to inherent manufacturing faults in some engine models.
7. Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed.
8. The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.
9. Loss caused by the failure of a part or parts of the engine that are not covered by this limited warranty.
10. Tune-ups and adjustments, filters, hoses, belts, lubricants, coolants, emission control devices, spark plugs, tune-up parts, etc.
11. Deterioration or pre-ignition damage.
12. Repairs performed without prior authorization from Top Tier Japan.
13. Loss caused by defective timing belt. A brand new timing belt must be installed.
14. Loss caused by modification or forced induction (NOS, Turbos, Supercharged) for which the engine was not designed.
E. LIMITATION OF DURATION
Warranty Starts on date of possession and ends 30 days after. Repairs or exchanges will not extend this limited warranty beyond the described term on this form (Item A). ALL WARRANTY RETURNS OR EXCHANGES MUST BE MADE WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD TERM (NO EXCEPTIONS)
F. DISCLAIMER 1
This limited warranty is in lieu of any and all other expressed warranties of Top Tier Japan. Any warranty implied is limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Top Tier Japan does not assume or authorize any person to assume on its behalf any other obligation of liability. ENGINES AND OR TRANSMISSIONS MUST BE INSTALLED prior to claiming warranty to show defective part or parts.
G. DISCLAIMER 2
Top Tier Japan not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, or commercial loss, or any other consequential damage or loss. Top Tier Japan LLC's jurisdiction is in Maricopa County, All and Any Legal matter or cases must be filed in Maricopa County and not any other state or county
H. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
1. To file a warranty claim, Top Tier Japan will email a warranty claim form to be filled out.
2. The customer is responsible for all the freight charges on the return of defective engines and no replacement engine will be sent until our staff have inspected and verified the returned defective engine in question. If the engine is defective, Top Tier Japan will either send a replacement engine or issue a refund minus the shipping charges.
3. The engine MUST be returned in the same condition it was sent, all missing parts will be charged to the customer.
4. In the event that the wrong and/or defective engine is not returned to Top Tier Japan within 30 days after a replacement engine is sent to our customer, the customer will be charged the full amount of the engine, plus all freight charges.
Engines complete with accessories may not comply with the emission control laws of the state in which it is being sold or used. State and/or federal authorities require that you change over the emission devices from your old engine to the engine you are installing to make it comply. The add-on parts on the engine sold by Top Tier Japan are left attached for testing purpose only, for your convenience and are free of charge. The purchase price represents the cost of the long block only (i.e. cylinder head and short block only).
IMPORTANT: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
a. Must be installed, maintained, or adjusted by a certified mechanic.
b. Set ignition to specification as recommended by manufacturer.
c. Change oil after 500 miles.
d. Re-torque cylinder head bolts to manufacturer’s specification.
e. Check cooling system and service if rusted or contaminated with oil and replace coolant.
f. Must replace the timing belt, oil filter, water pump, all tensioners, rollers, seals, gaskets and spark plugs prior to install.
- All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
- No Deposit refunds.
- Orders can be cancelled if they have not been shipped
- A $25.00 fee will apply to cancelled orders payed by check.
- All refused/returned orders will be charged 25% of the invoice amount for restocking fees on shipped products, plus all freight charges to return the item to our warehouse.
Condition of Used Engines
These are used engines which have been in use for 40,000-80,000 miles (depending on the year of manufacturer) and are not brand new. There may be cosmetic blemished on the engines or transmissions and it is used that is the nature of it. There may also be fragile plastic, metal or rubber parts that could possibly bend or break during shipping. These parts can be replaced with parts from your original engine or bought from a local used auto parts store.